Kenya Launch Event - National Policies and Strategies for Food, Land and Water Systems Transformation (NPS) Initiative
On Tuesday, May 17th, 2022, on the ILRI Campus in Nairobi, Kenya, the National Policies and Strategies for Food, Land and Water Systems Transformation (NPS) Initiative will hold its launch event. NPS is a new One CGIAR initiative that has been co-created with national and international partners with the main objectives of building policy coherence, responding to crises, and integrating policy tools at national and subnational levels in six countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The initiative is expected to make substantial, research-based contributions to improve food and water security, nutrition and livelihoods; reduce poverty and support job creation, gender equality and social inclusion; and find solutions for climate change adaptation.
The inception event will introduce the NPS initiative and bring together key partners and stakeholders from Kenya and other One CGIAR initiatives to:
- Deepen partnerships at national and subnational levels, including with public sector, non-government, international organizations, and think tanks;
- Kick-off a new coherence-building mechanism across policy-focused One CGIAR initiatives working in Kenya;
- Advance planning for the development of rapid crisis response tools and the generation of demand-driven evidence;
- Start building a Community of Policy Practice (CoPP) in partnership with other initiatives, experts, and external policy partners; and
- Deepen the integration and user-friendliness of policy support tools that strengthen country-level policy analysis.
Agenda available here.