Developing Resilience to Climate Change and Achieving Food Security in West Africa: Follow up Action from the UN Food Systems Summit
Organized by IFPRI and WASCAL, this collaborative seminar will address issues, constraints, and challenges to developing resilience to climate change and achieving food security in West Africa.
Panelists will discuss specific action plans that will be needed for following up on recommendations from the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit. Specific topics of presentations will include: Developing a resilience policy framework to address climate change; What do we know from the climate change research in food systems to guide national resilience policy; and Measuring and tracking for resilience programming: Translating resilience strategies at the landscape and farm levels.
Discussion with the panelists will follow their initial presentations through a moderated questions and answers session.
- Teunis van Rheenen, Director of Business Development and External Relations, CGIAR-IFPRI
- Moumini Savadogo, Executive Secretary, West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL)
- Ifeoma Quinette Anugwa, lecturer/researcher in the Department of Agricultural Extension, University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Kehinde Ogunjobi, Director of Research, WASCAL
A Measurement Approach for a Resilience Index: Possible Applications to Climate Shocks
- John Ulimwengu, Senior Research Fellow, CGIAR-IFPRI
- Suresh Babu, Senior Research Fellow / Head of Capacity Strengthening, CGIAR-IFPRI
- Daouda Kone, Director of Capacity Strengthening, West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL)
- Katarlah Taylor, Events Manager, CGIAR-IFPRI